Angel Sword Bright Knight Sabre
Angel Sword Bright Knight Long Knife
Angel Sword Bright Knight Dirk
Angel Sword Angel Sword Skinner
Angel Sword Bright Knight Knife

Hopefully I will be adding more to the collection soon. :D

Attachment: 115.32 KB
DSCF0040a.JPG

Nice collection Matthew, i like the middle one :).
You forgot something. You have 8 things listed but show 9 of them :)
I think the espada y daga set refers to the first two items. I particularly like the rapier (Knight Saber, I think?)
David Lindberg wrote:
I think the espada y daga set refers to the first two items. I particularly like the rapier (Knight Saber, I think?)

Oh yeah, duh :)
David Lindberg wrote:

Thanks very much for the compliments. I call it a sabre, but it could be something else (side/back sword perhaps?). Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Attachment: 21.26 KB
ca_1_b.JPG

Matthew D M wrote:
Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Is it a single edged, curved blade? Never seen anything like it. Based on what it looks like, I'd call it a rapier hilted saber, I suppose.
Matthew, I was curious about all of the Angel Sword pieces. While the name sounded vaguely familiar, I did not recall ever seeing them mentioned on this site. Upon doing a search, however, I did find several threads, mainly from the time prior to my joining up at myArmoury. I then found some Angel Sword related sites, and was very impressed with the value they seem to command in the market. With 5 of them in your collection, you must be taking your blades seriously! How do you use your blades? Primarily for display, or cutting, or martial arts, or what?
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Matthew, I was curious about all of the Angel Sword pieces. While the name sounded vaguely familiar, I did not recall ever seeing them mentioned on this site. Upon doing a search, however, I did find several threads, mainly from the time prior to my joining up at myArmoury. I then found some Angel Sword related sites, and was very impressed with the value they seem to command in the market. With 5 of them in your collection, you must be taking your blades seriously! How do you use your blades? Primarily for display, or cutting, or martial arts, or what?

In order of most use-
Display
Cutting
Costuming

AS was the first 'real' sword I held, a Bright Knight Falchion, and I fell in love. I guess you can say the company is somewhat sentimental to me since they got me into learning more about swords and their use in history. I would love to learn western martial arts, but the closest group is the ARMA in Houston (about 2 hrs away).
Bill Grandy wrote:
Matthew D M wrote:
Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Is it a single edged, curved blade? Never seen anything like it. Based on what it looks like, I'd call it a rapier hilted saber, I suppose.

Single edge, slight curve, false back edge:

Attachment: 22.11 KB
DSCF0044a.JPG

What are the stats on that AS sabre (weight, blade length, pob, etc.)?
Nathan Robinson wrote:
David Lindberg wrote:
I think the espada y daga set refers to the first two items.

Oh yeah, duh :)

Yes, the espada y daga is Spanish for sword and dagger. It's a filipino weapon set that was born during Spanish colonization, emulating the Spainards rapier and main gauche. (at least that was what I read)

Jay Barron wrote:
What are the stats on that AS sabre (weight, blade length, pob, etc.)?

LOA - 39"
LOB - 33"
POB - 3"
Thickness - 1/8"
Weight - ~2 lbs
Blade Steel - S7
Handle - Rosewood
Furniture - steel with brass spacers

Hilt-

Attachment: 26.61 KB
DSCF0046a.JPG

Page 1 of 1