Go to page Previous  1, 2

That is awesome work! Looks almost like a Crecy. Beauty.

Kenton
Re: Del Tin blades from Atlanta Cutlery
Bill Love wrote:
I've just finished hilting up one of the hand and a half blades. The grip is a reshaped donation from a Valiant Armory Black Prince (mediocre sword, very nice ebony wood) and the cross & pommel are from a Hanwei Practical Hand and a Half (don't ask how I got it apart without breaking anything). Slick, solid and beautiful to boot! :cool:

Darn nice and handy looking XVIII ! Great work! :)
Bill,

That's a fine looking sword. Well done.
Del Tin Blade Project
Thanks for the kudos, everyone. If anybody has a blade like this and wants to do the same thing, be advised that my baby scales out as follows:
42" OAL
33 1/2" blade
5 7/8" grip (was 6" but I had to put a shoulder on each end to fit the holes in the Hanwei parts)
21" COP
3 1/2" POB (same as with the Hanwei blade)
3 lb. 10 oz. weight
This sounds fairly heavy, but it actually balances and handles much better than it did with the factory (aka dead weight ) Hanwei slab o' steel, which was 4 oz. heavier (34 vs. 30 oz) but felt like quite a bit more. It also cuts, thrusts and runs much better overall at speed than my Arbedo, which until now was my favorite sword. If you finger the ricasso and loop your little finger over the pommel, the sword behaves itself like nothing I've ever handled, and yes, it sings when you pluck it. With apologies to Christian Fletcher, this Fat Bastard is mine-and the old Hanwei and Valiant Armory blades have since replaced the stakes in my croquet set! ;)

Last edited by Bill Love on Thu 13 Apr, 2006 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hey Bill....

Great work!!!

I also enjoy mixing and matching components from different swords.

Welcome to the forum!

ks
Figures, as I left for vegas I thought... I should order that falchion blade before I go...

Get back: sold out.
:(

Oh well, guess its fate.
Thanks Kirk. Grind it till you find it-the motto of the modifier man!
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: