Go to page 1, 2  Next

Poll For Fun: Albion's Next, Next, Next Generation Swords
What would everyone like to see (keeping things within reason) in the next couple of years?

My wish list:
1) A "Norman" or "knightly" type-X
2) A falchion
3) A single-edged Viking
4) A Claymo' (Although A&A makes a very nice one.)

I've spoken with Eric, Howy, and Peter a bit on this board. Of course their hands are full with the VNGs and MNGs for some months to come, so this poll is purely for entertainment purposes only. Though maybe some ideas or positive feedback can come of it. :)

Regards,
Brian M
A "Norman" or "knightly" type-X most definitely
I'd like to see, as I've mentioned before, a nice 2 hand saber. There are very few of those on the market and I'd like to see a really nice and accurate version sometime...
Don't know...I think the complex hilts will be neat to see.
A qama.
and a C12217 Sandeherred, Petersen type X, late viking
Peter Johnsson can design whatever he wants.
A type XIX
A hanger from circa 1700
I will hazard a guess and say that the XIX is your favorite type -- that ArmArt XIX of yours is particularly nice looking. I was "this close" (puts fingers very close together) to ordering a customized S4 from them some time ago, but I have to say I am glad I did not.

Another wish:
--A quillon dagger with wheel pommel
Brian M wrote:
I will hazard a guess and say that the XIX is your favorite type -- that ArmArt XIX of yours is particularly nice looking. I was "this close" (puts fingers very close together) to ordering a customized S4 from them some time ago, but I have to say I am glad I did not.

Smart move, though I must admit that the XIX I got from them is a very, very fine sword. And yes, XIX is my favorite type. I think I'm in a club with one member in that regard.
UMMMM 2 Handed Saber's
2 Handed Swiss/German sabers, circa 1500-1550!!! Please
Re: UMMMM 2 Handed Saber's
Moved to "historic arms talk" forum. Please read to see why: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic/163.html

James Byrnes wrote:

Agreed. I'd like that, too.

Last edited by Nathan Robinson on Fri 05 Dec, 2003 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Is that the same as a "Grosse Messer?"
Re: UMMMM 2 Handed Saber's
Nathan Robinson wrote:
James Byrnes wrote:

Agreed. I'd like that, too.

There are a couple of sabers in the photo albums that I'd be really pretty pleased with, myself. If I had the money, anyway. lol
A katzbalger.
A line of plain, but solid,17th c. military swords based on museum pieces--mortuary sword, Hounslow hanger, early Eng/Scot basket hilt, waloon, cutlass, falchion, etc. They could offer authenic japanning/gilding or russetted finishes for additional $.
as stereotypical as this may sound, I would like to see a few katanas. I know the market is flooded with paul chen blades predominatly, but looking at the bareblades on Albions site, Would it be THAT far of a stretch to do something mounted?

The problem would come in how many shortcuts are used. Right off the bat the polish would have to be some sorta hybrid job, so theres one thing thats not historical, then the hilt construction would have to be done in a cost effective manner..........
They wouldnt be under $1,000, but it would be interesting to see another quality company have a swing at it, especially a US company
David Stokes wrote:
They wouldnt be under $1,000, but it would be interesting to see another quality company have a swing at it, especially a US company

I admit my shortcomings on this topic, but I can't imagine a domestic company making a quality mounted US-made katana under $1,000 to compete with the Paul Chen/ Cold Steel/ Cicada Forge lines.
I would like to see the design Peter did that is above Leif's desk. *G*
As well as more viking and ancient period stuff as well....

Shane
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: