THIS is a sword!
[ Linked Image ]

I like this very much. I notice some similarities to the Robert the Bruce sword in general outline and it has the same kind of short and narrow fuller. Only that sword is a few hundred years earlier. Website states this as 16th century german or claymore.

Pretty girl. Pity she is not part of the deal. She complements the sword nicely.

Check out the guard. I haven't seen anything like this before. What are the lugs sticking out of the guard? I think it is a very cool design. It looks a little heavy though.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Very nice!!
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

A very evil sword. Evil pricetag too at $10000.

http://www.antiquitiesofempire.com
Do you think this greatsword is scottish, german or what? How are you supposed to tell if it is a real antique. It seems to be very well preserved.
Hello Kenneth
I would most likely say that this is a Victorian piece. My guess is the weight would be way up like ten pounds or so and that the item was made for display or the stage. Is it local to you? If so it maybe one of the late 1800 or early 1900 hundered items made for the opera stage. There are some interesting pieces from this context floating around. The leather does not look older than that period and the pommel and guard fit that context as well.

I think the price is out of wack for that type of item but if one could pick it up for under a 1000 (500.00 would be even better) it would be an interesting collectable and one of the areas where new collectors can actually jump right into the market.

Best
Craig
I think it looks 19th C, too. Reminds me of a couple of similar repros I've seen. Still, a pretty impressive sword (but I prefer the girl). ;)
Kenneth Enroth wrote:
Quote:
I like this very much. I notice some similarities to the Robert the Bruce sword in general outline and it has the same kind of short and narrow fuller. Only that sword is a few hundred years earlier. Website states this as 16th century german or claymore.

Pretty girl. Pity she is not part of the deal. She complements the sword nicely.

That's my daughter you're talking about.... "pity she is not part of the deal"? :wtf:

David

P.S. Just kidding :lol:
I was gonna say this is the first picture in a series but i wont........

C
so it's likely a victorian piece. I did suspect that it wasn't real. Would be a bummer if someone bought it for $10000. You would have to wait a few hundred years to get your money back.

Yup, a pretty girl can sell anything.
I know I would buy it from her! :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: