Go to page Previous  1, 2

Elling Polden wrote:
Right-o. Here's a quick n' dirty pattern

Thanks a lot for the pattern.

-Steven
I made one to go along with my second half of the 13th harness. Black great helm, (I have a normal bright one that is identical whan I cannot decide), poleyns, padded cuisses, hauberk, aketon, arming cap and this plated surcoat. Here is my armoured surcoat. Sadly it does not reach close to my knees. ... next time it will be longer.

Elling,

Very nice.

RPM

Attachment: 115.84 KB
[ Download ]
Just thought I'd post some pictures of my armoured surcote with the rest of the gear (from Kunghele Medevial days, sweden) ;
[ Linked Image ]
Come'n get me... (the coif is supposed to be under the mail, and was when the fight started...)

[ Linked Image ]
Feeling cocky? Beat up the unarmoured peasant up with the 110 cm "bastard" broadaxe!

[ Linked Image ]
"jupp...He's killin' 'im..." Dagger finishing, and a decent view of the rear lacing.

The field testing experience sugests that the design gives decent protection, and doesn't hamper movement that much.
On the down side, the full integrated surcote makes it more difficult to put on or take of than a standard open sided CoP, and the cloth cover can get damaged.
Another note is is that one should not assume that thicker canvas is stronger: While the canvas I've used is rather thick, the weave is rather lose. If I was to make a new one, I would use a few more layers of a thinner canvas with a tighter weave.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: