Go to page Previous  1, 2

Beautiful work (again!), Greg. And your photos really add the right atmosphere to show off the sword and scabbard.
Hello all!

Greg,

I just want to say, as something of an artist myself (in a much different media, though), that I think you did a fantastic job with your compromise between historical Celtic scabbards and staying true to the elegant lines of the sword. I can imagine such a sword and scabbard combination carried by a high-ranking Gallowglass, or even a Scottish or Irish Lord.
I like the nice touch of the cross on the chape.

I think you were justified in leaving the trim off, even though the fringe is shown in period art. It looks "classier" without. I bet that the lack of suspension in period art may just be a convention; many of the engravings as such tried to make the Irish and Scots look primitive and backwards.

Again, lovely scabbard for a lovely sword!

Happy Hogmanay!
Some of you guys had asked for pics of how the suspension hangs, so here are a few we quickly took today, showing some different angles. It's actually very comfortable and seems to stay in position much better than I expected. Can't wait for the chance to wear it all day in a public setting with the great kilt, et all.:}

Attachment: 65.37 KB
2007_01010003.JPG

Attachment: 72.63 KB
2007_01010004.JPG

Attachment: 64.53 KB
2007_01010005.JPG

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: