Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New (to me) Albion to share! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Fri 06 Feb, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: New (to me) Albion to share!         Reply with quote

I picked this marvelous piece up off a classifieds posting -- it's with a bit of guilt, as I had been preparing to order a Riding Sword from Albion themselves, however this piece just snagged my attention too fiercely. (and got an excellent deal on it, to 'boot).

The blade is a reground Brescia Spadona prototype. She handles beautifully; to be honest, I feel in love with the piece as soon as I had the shipping box in my hand; the box the sword, scabbard, belt, and packaging all together still felt light. Wink

Some specs:

39.375" total length
31.125" blade length
2.125" width at the base with steady taper
COB is 5.75" out from the handle
COP is at 18.375" out
Weight is 2lbs 11 oz.
(stats mostly taken from seller, haven't had time to measure and weigh myself, and they seem all accurate)

Here are some pics from the digital camera, the hands were a little shaky on the latter photos, apologies.

Dum spiro, spero

Last edited by Jeremy Scott Steimel on Sat 07 Feb, 2004 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 06 Feb, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ahh, very nice piece, that is. I had the opportunity to handle and admire that piece while visiting Wisconsin a few months back. You scored on this one.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 06 Feb, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks nice and a scabbard to boot.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 06 Feb, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations on a fine looking sword Jeremy. While at Albion I fell in love with the Brescia's blade design. Yours looks like a winner.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New (to me) Albion to share!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic