Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Jean Thibodeau wrote:

I'm afraid to ask: Do you have a STARWARS STORM TROOPER kit :?:

hahhaah actually how did you know what i was starting? ehhehe I have a SandTrooper and a US Colonial Marine(from Aliens) kit in the works
Here is my Kit:

[ Linked Image ]

Until now it is a Member of the Reichsaufgebot to Neuss 1475, but in a few weeks i will get my Leg Armour and turn the Kit to a Knight on Foot. The new Crest is already here an a new Targe will be ready until end of the Year.
(actually the Weapons on the picture are not my own)

Best Regards

Andrej
Andrej Pfeiffer-Perkuhn wrote:
Here is my Kit:

Until now it is a Member of the Reichsaufgebot to Neuss 1475, but in a few weeks i will get my Leg Armour and turn the Kit to a Knight on Foot. The new Crest is already here an a new Targe will be ready until end of the Year.
(actually the Weapons on the picture are not my own)

Best Regards

Andrej

That is some nice stuff, Andrej. The leg armour will be made by Müller too?
No, the Leg Armour will be made by Markus Siefert http://plattner-siefert.de/

Best regards

Andrej
Looks really great (and shiny).
New viking kit with much thanks to Bjorn!! steller threads and excellent material. :D Also you finally get to see me after these many years mwuhahaha. YES that is a mohican (excuse why my head looks like a furry peanut) and also I am infact wearing legwraps they are just skin coloured....my milk bottles are much whiter without them ^_^ lol

Nice rig Stuart :D
Thanks Sam! :D very happy with em all! hopefully now a group will take me on haha
this thread gets better and better.................

Chuck you are an inspiration! (can't wait for the stormtrooper kit :D ). Stuart nice photos! love the whole knight on a segway too.

I have been wanting to show off my new pieces of kit (all from Allan at the Mercenary Tailor) for my early 16th c cateran kit. Also a new sword from Rob Miller and a new small fighting axe from Muster sale at Arms and Armor. tr

this shows the armor a little better, splint arms with brass/steel, 16th century point tied elbows, simple shoulders and knees. Also Allan's buckler with removable spike. I have a bp for this kit and some gutters for greaves but wasn't wearing them yesterday. I would like to add a jack chain or two to the upper arms.

My kit is currently in "transition"... pardon the horrible pun.

Here it is from last summer. Note I DO have a haubergeon, but didn't wear it this day as it was hotter than hell, and my aventail is MIA.

[ Linked Image ]

This is from this past summer, with a better gambeson/joupon, teaching my German Longsword class at the CTRF.

[ Linked Image ]

For those that will ask:

Legs/greaves and arms are done by HammerBreaker Armoury (Anton) in the Ukraine.

Helm and Churburg Segemented breastplate by WildArmoury (Maxim) in the Ukraine.

The Wisby Gauntlets seen in the first image are horrbily early for this kit, I know, but they are good gaunts, those are done by Whonew over at the Armour Archive.
Robert S. Haile wrote:

Robert, is that from Maxim at WildArmoury? Because if it is, I had him copy that breast plate, add a back plate and do it in spring steel for me. I should have it in a couple of weeks.
My latest acquisition: A new cuirass:

[ Linked Image ]

My arm armour is half done and wearable, but my arming doublet needs finishing first. I'm currently trying to decide whether to cut up my maille shirt to make a skirt, or go all out and buy a skirt too...

[ Linked Image ]

We tried it with a horse too. He was very well behaved. We shall try again soon.
Hi Zac

Looking superb
it's one of the best breastplates i have seen in a long time.
can't wait for matt to begin on mine.

ben
Hi Zac!

Matt really knows what he's doing and is a real rising star in historical reproductionland.

Your new cuirass fits you very well and it looks great with the rest of your kit. I'm really jealous here. If my new cuirass will look half as good as yours I'm a happy man. I can't wait to see what you harness will look like when its finished.

It's cool to see someone take the hard way of patience and careful planning. I enjoy watching your kit grow, piece by piece. Even though it takes longer, in the end it pays off. Nice!
This is my Gothic Armour.

Attachment: 236.44 KB
mygothic1exsm.jpg

lovely armour zach! and about the mail, there are a few options, you could either wear the complete haubergeon under it, make a skirt ,sleeved top and mail standard out of it or just buy a new skirt. are you planning on having voiders or would you rather go for mail sleeves? personally i'm a big fan of the mail sleeves
My kit
Here I am in parts of my kit.

[ Linked Image ]
Re: My kit
Christoffer Lorang Dahl wrote:
Here I am in parts of my kit.

[ Linked Image ]

Great kit Christoffer, very similar to mine.
Ellison D. wrote:

I don't reply in this thread much because of the overwhelming amount of praise deserved by most of the contributions, but considering this is your first post here I figure that it's worth congratulating you on having a nice plate harness and to welcome you to myArmoury, Ellison! Who made your harness/where were the components purchased from? Some of the pieces seem like they could fit better, so I suspect they aren't custom made for you, but it may just be the angle of the photo that gives that impression. Some more pictures would be lovely! Cheers.

-Gregory
Gregory J. Liebau wrote:
Ellison D. wrote:

I don't reply in this thread much because of the overwhelming amount of praise deserved by most of the contributions, but considering this is your first post here I figure that it's worth congratulating you on having a nice plate harness and to welcome you to myArmoury, Ellison! Who made your harness/where were the components purchased from? Some of the pieces seem like they could fit better, so I suspect they aren't custom made for you, but it may just be the angle of the photo that gives that impression. Some more pictures would be lovely! Cheers.

-Gregory

Thanks Gregory,

The harness was made by Valentine Armouries in Canada. It was made for me but I was never able to go up there to do a personal fit. It does fit well enough though. Part of the reason it looks a bit off is that when I did the photos I just through it on without adjusting the ties and straps for a better fit. Plus I think I was standing in a odd position. here are a few more photos I have.

Attachment: 95.51 KB
ellsgothsm 2.jpg

Attachment: 150.33 KB
gothsidesm.jpg

Attachment: 80.42 KB
ellsgothexsm.jpg

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 49 of 100

Jump to: