Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > any pic of albion swords with dark brown grip? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: any pic of albion swords with dark brown grip?         Reply with quote

Can someone do me a favour and post a picture of any albion swords with a dark brown grip? , before i drive mike at albion insane with my constant colour changes

thanks guys
Alexi Goranov
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

Reading list: 72 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Lee,

I have the same problem, except that I have not yet started troubling Mike with the color changes. I ordered my Baron with dark brown grip and a day does not pass by without me questioning my decision. And now that I saw the pictures on the web site with the black grip on the Baron, I am even more prone to changing my order. But than again, what if the sword looks just as good (or maybe even better ) in dark brown...........grrrhhhhh Worried Cannot make my mind without a direct comparison.

So from what I can see, the riding sword on the Albion page has brown grip. http://www.albionarmorers.com/swords/albion/medieval/riding.htm.
It does not have the nice contrast of the black grip if the Baron, but this might be attributed to the dark background color.

I wonder if any of the people that already got their barons have the brown or light brown grips. If so can you PLEASE post pictures.

Alexi

Last edited by Alexi Goranov on Fri 19 Mar, 2004 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

hehhe i'm glad its not just me who's having such a problem between black and brown. my other ablion sword has got a oxblood grip and thats changed allmost to a brown thats what got me thinking about it in the first place.
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i pasted some grip colours together on photoshop, i hope this helps Alexi. but the top one is meant to be brown but it looks more like oxblood

Attachment: 18.04 KB
1.jpg

Attachment: 17.18 KB
2.jpg

Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

More grip folies

I ordered the Castellan with a blue grip (It's a little extra for the nonstandard color) Then I ordered the Sovereign with a black grip. When light brown became a standard color, I called up Mike and had him switch the Sovereign from black to light brown. Now I'm thinking I should make the Castellan light brown and the Sovereign blue. Brace yourself, Mr. Sigman.
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:
hehhe i'm glad its not just me who's having such a problem between black and brown. my other ablion sword has got a oxblood grip and thats changed allmost to a brown thats what got me thinking about it in the first place.

I ordered my Baron with the oxblood grip and it looks excellent Cool In fact, I like it so much that I may change my Viceroy from black to oxblood as well.

It's much darker than many of the pictures show so it can take on a brown hue at times.

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
James King

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: here's one         Reply with quote

a brown gripped vinland.

Attachment: 21.28 KB
100_0066 bri.jpg

Alexi Goranov
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Whoa James,

If you did not say its brown, on first sight I would have labeled it "black". In other words the grips are somewhat darker than they appear on the Albion web-site. Still lovely, though.

Alexi
Stephen A. Fisher

PostPosted: Fri 19 Mar, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

James,

I've lightened your pic up a bit for you.

Attachment: 15.18 KB
viking.jpg

Lee Watts

PostPosted: Sat 20 Mar, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

thanks james im back to brown again
Brian M

PostPosted: Sat 20 Mar, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry no pic, but I have a NG Gaddhjalt with dark brown grip. The brown is very dark, almost black. I've heard that the oxblood, while looking quite reddish in photos, actually looks more brown in person.
Steve Fabert

PostPosted: Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
Sorry no pic, but I have a NG Gaddhjalt with dark brown grip. The brown is very dark, almost black. I've heard that the oxblood, while looking quite reddish in photos, actually looks more brown in person.

I have a Gaddhjalt with an oxblood grip that looks more brick red than brown or black - a very muted color. When viewed alongside a Crecy with a red grip, it doesn't look at all red, but is noticeably red when laid alongside my Hastings' black grip.
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 20 Mar, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brown? Black? oxblood? Confused I know the feeling. . . I have elected for the light brown on my baron after changing if from dark brown. I guess for me the key is to just take a deep breath and see what happens, I mean how bad could it be. . . Maybe yellow. . . Eek!
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

why cant albion do a wire grip it would make life much easier and really add to their wonderful swords.
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lee Watts wrote:
why cant albion do a wire grip it would make life much easier and really add to their wonderful swords.

Hey Lee!

We do wire grips on Discerner and have done them on a lot of Del Tins and customs. We have not come out with a model in the NextGen line (yet) that requires one.

One reason we have not offered them yet on NextGens is that when we do, we want them totally correct (with real Turk's Head ferrules, etc.), These are time consuming (driving the price up).

What would you want a wire wrapped grip on? Let me know and we'll see if we can offer that.

Thanks,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Alexi Goranov
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Lee Watts wrote:

Hey Lee!

We do wire grips on Discerner and have done them on a lot of Del Tins and customs. We have not come out with a model in the NextGen line (yet) that requires one.

One reason we have not offered them yet on NextGens is that when we do, we want them totally correct (with real Turk's Head ferrules, etc.), These are time consuming (driving the price up).

What would you want a wire wrapped grip on? Let me know and we'll see if we can offer that.

Thanks,

Howy

Hi Howard,

Let me ask a question before Lee gets to it. Happy Is it possible to do wire grips on the Baron? Is it period accurate? How much would that cost approximately?

Cheers,

Alexi
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:

Thanks,

Howy

Howy, I think good candidates for wire wrap would be the Prince, the Sovereign, and the Kingmaker - maybe as an option.
Lee Watts

PostPosted: Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Lee Watts wrote:

Hey Lee!

Thanks,

Howy

the KNIGHT or the baron would be the best bet..

oh my a knight with a wire grip. DROOOOOOL sorry its just that would make my year if that was possible.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > any pic of albion swords with dark brown grip?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic