Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Kits and Harnesses! Reply to topic
This is a Spotlight Topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 98, 99, 100  Next 
Antonio Ganarini

Reading list: 10 books

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Really wonderful! I cannot judge the historical accuracy, but it has a "home-made" flavour that's just great!
Ciao a tutti!
Jimi Edmonds

PostPosted: Tue 16 Oct, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice I'm really liking the self made kits that is popping up on this thread! oh the want for some metal working tools!
Tom King

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Felt i might as well post some of my photos from the past few Florida Ren fests. In high school I was part of a reenactment group that was a school club and History of Chivalry, a full contact combat group that is a bunch of Adrian Empire guys wailing on each other for the amusement of crowds.

Attachment: 67.65 KB
183579_4759848999555_1800568505_n.jpg
my new arm armor with a loaner mail shirt and gorget

Attachment: 84.44 KB
302245_4760210128583_947167954_n.jpg
A friend and I before we march around for a fair function.

Attachment: 87.77 KB
541161_4759846839501_497009523_n.jpg

Attachment: 83.08 KB
560361_4760210408590_91505116_n.jpg
action shot; we were doing something irresponsible with weapons back stage

Attachment: 105.39 KB
posing for a photo [ Download ]

Attachment: 182.21 KB
after a melee fight [ Download ]

Attachment: 235.65 KB
17th century russian bulletproof breastplate with hussar pauldrons and late 16-17th century arms [ Download ]
Sander Alsters

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Helmet         Reply with quote

I just wanted to show off my new helmet made by Boris Petrov Bedrosov. All credits go to him! He has done a wonderfull job on this helmet and I'm really proud I own it!
I'm still working on the rest of the kit but I made a great start with this helmet. It is going to be part of a Mamluk kit. Please let me know what you guys think!

David Lewis Smith

PostPosted: Wed 17 Oct, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: showing you're kits and harnesses         Reply with quote

Reece Nelson wrote:
Here is my early 15th century harness dated during the time of Agincourt. Made most of it myself and you can see the progress of how it came to be in the link below. Took me about 2 years to complete and I need a few more tweaks Wink

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76868227@N08/sets/72157631698439185/

Great looking kit
I work with a lot of wounded warriors and some of them are interested in medieval history. Did you design your prosthetic or use a medieval design?

David L Smith
MSG (RET)
Raman A

PostPosted: Thu 18 Oct, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ian S LaSpina wrote:
This thread served as the inspiration for me to get serious about this passion we all share. Several years down the road, here's where I'm at! This is my impression of a late 14th century English knight. Photo taken at a recent living history event I had the honor to participate in.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8330/8092349496_85a7841325_c.jpg

Beautiful harness, do you have more pictures?
Rod Walker

PostPosted: Thu 18 Oct, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My harness set up for Pro-Joust tournaments (think FMJ). It also does historical jousts by removing the tiltbuff and grand guard and having an ecranche used.

Cheers

Rod
Jouster
www.jousting.com.au

"Come! Let us lay a lance in rest,
And tilt at windmills under a wild sky!
For who would live so petty and unblessed
That dare not tilt at something, ere he die?"
--Errantry, John Galsworthy
Ahmad Tabari

PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Helmet         Reply with quote

Sander Alsters wrote:
I just wanted to show off my new helmet made by Boris Petrov Bedrosov. All credits go to him! He has done a wonderfull job on this helmet and I'm really proud I own it!
I'm still working on the rest of the kit but I made a great start with this helmet. It is going to be part of a Mamluk kit. Please let me know what you guys think!

Awesome helmet Sander. Though I would probably have used finer mail for the aventail. But still very nice. We dont get enough middle eastern kits here.

What sort of body armour are you planning to go with that helmet?
Sander Alsters

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Helmet         Reply with quote

Thank you Ahmad, I agree there are not so many middle eastern kits in comparison. It would be nice to cee more around. I dont know if you are familiar with the facebook page of the saracen re-enacent bazaar. Its worth taking a look.

As for my kit I need to work on my soft kit first. The enitial thought was to make a jawshan of maille and plates. Or just maille underneath my outer soft kit. Now I'm also considering a lammelar jawshan. Maybe with a Kazaghand of a single maille layer underneath.

Im also looking into neck protection. The best I could find was a dhir with leather woven into the rings around the neck. I like the idea so my neck will be better protected.
Felix R.

Reading list: 25 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Always nice to see the horse in your Pics Rod.

Here is the finished picture from the first professional shoot, you remember the black background and the spot lights form the picture above?
Yesterday we had our shoot at the Burg Hohnstein in Neustadt Thüringen. The setting was really nice and the photographer does have an I for light set up.

PS: I did shorten the sleeves of the maille after the first shoot.

Attachment: 83.55 KB
AoM3.jpeg

Martin Wallgren

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My new Kit! A low born Archer in the later half of the 14th Century! The sword is a Pavel Moc Karel. (The piture is a Photoshop image I put together last night in the commersial breaks while watching Pitch Black!

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
Josh Wilson

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very cool Martin!

Have any pics of your bow and arrows?
Ahmad Tabari

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Helmet         Reply with quote

Sander Alsters wrote:
Thank you Ahmad, I agree there are not so many middle eastern kits in comparison. It would be nice to cee more around. I dont know if you are familiar with the facebook page of the saracen re-enacent bazaar. Its worth taking a look.

As for my kit I need to work on my soft kit first. The enitial thought was to make a jawshan of maille and plates. Or just maille underneath my outer soft kit. Now I'm also considering a lammelar jawshan. Maybe with a Kazaghand of a single maille layer underneath.

Im also looking into neck protection. The best I could find was a dhir with leather woven into the rings around the neck. I like the idea so my neck will be better protected.
Yes I've been to that page several times. That guy's work is fantastic. Once I begin assembling a kit (in the near future hopefully) I will most likely go to him for a helmet.

I think a mail kazaghand or hauberk would be a good idea for a 13th century Mamluk. Lamellar seems to feature more often in 14th century art (though likely worn over kazaghands). And of course mail and plate makes its entry in the late 14th/early 15th century. Which Mamluk era are you planning to reenact?

I like the idea of leather neck protection attached to the mail collar. I believe I saw it in an Ottoman or Mamluk mail shirt once.
Martin Wallgren

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Josh Wilson wrote:
Very cool Martin!

Have any pics of your bow and arrows?

Here is the bow and a few arrows but with my 15th century Archers kit!
The bow is a Scandinavian yew selfbow aprox. 85# at 32", the bowyer is Lars Persson. The Arrows are 95 grams 1/2 " parallell with 7,5 inch 3/4 inch hig feathers made in birchwood. Split and shaped and fletched by me! Short bodkins.

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Felix! That spear! Cool
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Steven Janus

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tom King wrote:
Felt i might as well post some of my photos from the past few Florida Ren fests. In high school I was part of a reenactment group that was a school club and History of Chivalry, a full contact combat group that is a bunch of Adrian Empire guys wailing on each other for the amusement of crowds.

The one at Quiet Water's park? I go there every yeah. I never noticed full on contact sword fighting. I know there is one sword fighting guild but they usually wear just cloth armor and it is very light hits. Let me know if you are interested in new members. I don't have any sparing swords but I was curious if the fare would allow for cutting demos against water bottles and such to show how medieval swords cut.

Newbie Sword collector
Felix R.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sean Flynt wrote:
Felix! That spear! Cool

Sean! What is wrong with it?
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Felix R. wrote:
Sean Flynt wrote:
Felix! That spear! Cool

Sean! What is wrong with it?

Nothing! It's beautiful! It's so rare to see a great example because not-so-good ones are so readily available. Every now and then I'll get an itch for a spear, but it never turns out as well as I hope, and ends up in the closet.

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Felix R.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

@Sean
I am absolutely with you when it comes to spears or polearms as a whole
So you just need someone to make a nice spear for.
Sam Gordon Campbell

PostPosted: Fri 26 Oct, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Okay, so not exactly soft-kit or armour but...

Here's my current HEMA/WMA set up.

As you can tell, I own a quality camera...

The left side shows what protection I use, while the right is just as-is except for the medical grade orthopaedic vambrace which is always worn regardless.

And yes, style is important to me! Europe sets the trend, so socks and breeches it is! Laughing Out Loud

Though I think black socks are in order. Black is the new black.

Attachment: 47.3 KB
DSCF0070.JPG
Stocatta uniform t-shirt, cricket thigh pads (underneath), cricket gloves (modified), motorcross knee & shin protection, cuir bouilli gorget, mask (needs back protection). I still need elbow, torso, & hip protection.

Member of Australia's Stoccata School of Defence since 2008.
Host of Crash Course HEMA.
Founder of The Van Dieman's Land Stage Gladiators.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Kits and Harnesses!
Page 70 of 100 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 98, 99, 100  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: