Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Khukuri House - Service #1 Khukuri. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Robert W. Betten

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 04 Sep, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Khukuri House - Service #1 Khukuri.         Reply with quote

I thought I'd post something different up on here, since this is the historical arms forum its quite appropriate. I've been a lover of the Khukuri for some time now, the Gurkha's fought with my granddad in New Guinea so I have alot of respect for them. This is the first issue knife a Gurkha troop recieves, and I must say the quality is really good, the blade is thick and ridgid but kind of hollows then rises slightly for the edge bevel which is shaving sharp from the Kami's workshop. At under $30 I recieved it any was duely impressed, so much that I'm ordering a custom made Kothimora soon (silver scabbard, and I'm getting all silver furnishing). The handle is buffalo horn, and is very well shaped and comfortable to grip.

Just to make the topic have a little worth are their other khukuri collectors out their? I mean even the large khukuri from HI dont go about a few hundred, for other historical arms your well into the thousands (even though its worth every penny)...

sorry for the poor quality images, I havnt had a chance to take pictures in natural light yet...

*!*
"If the people we love are taken from us,
the way they live on is to never stop loving
them. Buildings burn, people die, but real
love is forever."
- Sarah 'The Crow'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adam Lloyd

PostPosted: Sat 04 Sep, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

who made that and where can we get one?
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Sat 04 Sep, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That is made by the kami's from http://www.thekhukurihouse.com/index.php they have great prices and good quality products I own two of there world war models.
Robert W. Betten

PostPosted: Sat 04 Sep, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Eric for posting the link...

I've had nothing but a pleasurable transaction with Khukuri House, theirs ethical talks about the treatment of the Kami who make these fine khukuri...but I personally have no issue buying from them. I hate the habaki thing on HI khukuri, it detracts from the style i really love about the khukuri...Happy

*!*
"If the people we love are taken from us,
the way they live on is to never stop loving
them. Buildings burn, people die, but real
love is forever."
- Sarah 'The Crow'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Sun 05 Sep, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Heres a pic of my two world war one model kukris from khukri house.

Nate C.

PostPosted: Sun 05 Sep, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quite interesting guys.

I have a couple questions. Have either of you guys cut with your Kukris (camping, brush clearing, etc.) and if so, how did they perform? For Eric; was the water buffalo horn a problem to get into the US? Also, What are the little knives (& tools on the Ganjuwal) for?

Thanks for the help,

Nate C.

Sapere Aude
"If you are going to kill the man, at least give him a decent salute." - A. Blansitt

If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, then Jumping Off Something. --Jack Handy
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Sun 05 Sep, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have done cutting but nothing camping, brush as of yet and I must say the box was easily cut through with little effort and little force. Nope it was no problem getting the buffalo into the country, from the time of purchase to when they email you saying its shipping it'll arrive to you within 5 days via DHL. The two small knives one being a sharpening device the other being just a small utility knife are also crafted pretty good as well for being that small.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Khukuri House - Service #1 Khukuri.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic