Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Ordered a Albion Riding sword this morning Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Ordered a Albion Riding sword this morning         Reply with quote

This morning I placed a order with my buddy Mike at albion to get a riding sword with a black leather grip. Can't wait to get it and will do a full review once I have it. For current owners of this sword care to share any info on how she handles?
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordered a Albion Riding sword this morning         Reply with quote

Eric Bergeron wrote:
This morning I placed a order with my buddy Mike at albion to get a riding sword with a black leather grip. Can't wait to get it and will do a full review once I have it. For current owners of this sword care to share any info on how she handles?

I like this sword quite a bit.. I haven't seen it in person and really am eager to read your impressions of it when you get it. I'm still surprised at its relatively low price tag.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

So am I Nathan and that was one of the reasons for getting it plus only making 25 of them. I will give you a call as well once I get it give you first hand impressions Happy
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

When Albion first announced this sword I seriously considered buying one for my youngest son. Given the swords dimensions it would have made an excellent first sword for a young boy.
Markus Haider

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordered a Albion Riding sword this morning         Reply with quote

Eric Bergeron wrote:

Congrats. I ordered one last week. Happy

I always wanted a shorter sword, and contemplated between several offerings. But Albion's Riding sword was the most beautiful (it was hard to decide between it and the Gladii).
Felix Wang

Reading list: 17 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 10 Sep, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The gladius would have been very different, I think. I just received an Albion Fulham gladius, and we are getting accquainted. The gladius is not a "romantick" sword at all. It is beautifully made, and is a very handsome brute. "Brute" is the operative word, though. It is an outstanding chopping and thrusting tool (the point is extremely effective). As compared to the other shorter, one-handed swords I have, it is in a different class. Arms and Armor's Shifford Viking and Atrim original one-handed type XIV are both much more of finesse weapons ( and both closer to the Riding Sword, I am sure).
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 10 Sep, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Felix Wang wrote:
The gladius would have been very different, I think. I just received an Albion Fulham gladius, and we are getting accquainted. The gladius is not a "romantick" sword at all. It is beautifully made, and is a very handsome brute. "Brute" is the operative word, though. It is an outstanding chopping and thrusting tool (the point is extremely effective). As compared to the other shorter, one-handed swords I have, it is in a different class. Arms and Armor's Shifford Viking and Atrim original one-handed type XIV are both much more of finesse weapons ( and both closer to the Riding Sword, I am sure).

Before reviewing the Albion Gladii the Fulham was my least favorite. After having all three in hand I found that the Fulham became my favorite. Very nice sword.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Ordered a Albion Riding sword this morning
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic