Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Castle Keep custom hand-and-a-half sword wit scabbard & beltRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chip F.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 03 Dec, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject: Castle Keep custom hand-and-a-half sword wit scabbard &         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hi folks,

I am selling my custom designed hand-and-a-half sword, made by Rob Miller of Castle Keep forge. It is very difficult to part with this beautiful sword, but I'm recently married and need to downsize for my upcoming move.

If you're unfamiliar with Castle Keep, they are a one-man operation located on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. Rob is a master bladesmith with over 25 years of experience creating heirloom quality pieces. All of his blades are hand forged and crafted with the highest quality materials, in this case, EN45 spring steel, hardwood for the grip and scabbard, hand dyed calfskin, and brass fittings.

Castle Keep website: https://www.castlekeep.co.uk/

This sword is my own design and as such is one of a kind. The inspiration for this sword was twofold: the Oakeshott type XIV group, and Boromir's sword from the Lord of the Rings films. You can see evidence of both in the wide, shallow fuller, hand and a half length grip, and scent stopper pommel. The grip and scabbard are dyed a deep blue, and the belt is a vibrant amber-brown.

This sword feels authoritative in the hand--it is built like a tank, but isn't too blade heavy and has a good distal taper. I've used it only once–to cut tatami mats–and it made quick work of them. It still has the edge that Rob put on it, and is still sharp, though I suspect it could be honed further if desired.

Below are the stats on this sword:

Overall length: 40”
Blade length: 32.5”
POB: ~5.5” from the guard
Width at base: .24” (6mm)
Width at point: .08” (2mm)
Weight: 3.4lb

The only wear on this sword are two very minor dents on one facet of the pommel (see photo)--these were present when I received the sword.

Please note: I am a lefty, so the scabbard and belt are currently configured for left hand draw and will ship as such.

This is a beautiful, elegant sword, from one of the best traditional swordsmiths in the industry. Castle Keep has quite a long waitlist, so here's a chance to skip the line and get a one of a kind, heirloom quality sword in virtually new condition. Though it will look stunning on your wall (as it did on mine), I would love for this to go to a home where it will be used; it is certainly as powerful as it is beautiful.

The price is $2250, shipped. It will ship from Massachusetts, USA - strong preference for a buyer within the continental US, but I will consider other locations. DM me with questions, or for additional pics or information. Serious offers only please, thank you!

Okay, now the fun part:

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Castle Keep custom hand-and-a-half sword wit scabbard & beltRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic