Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > A question regarding Lutel Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Joseph Minarick

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: A question regarding Lutel         Reply with quote

Greetings all, this is a first post from a long time lurker.

I have used the search engine and have been unable to locate an American vendor of Lutel weapons. I am interested in the #17016 warhammer.

While on the subject, has anyone had any experiences with the company or this weapon in particular? I would love to hear any comments you have.

Thanks,

Joe
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There really isn't an American retailer of Lutel, per se, but there are some folks that do resale of these items. Art Elwell's A Work of Art often has significant numbers of Lutel items in stock . He's located in California.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A question regarding Lutel         Reply with quote

Joseph Minarick wrote:
Greetings all, this is a first post from a long time lurker.

I have used the search engine and have been unable to locate an American vendor of Lutel weapons. I am interested in the #17016 warhammer.

While on the subject, has anyone had any experiences with the company or this weapon in particular? I would love to hear any comments you have.

Thanks,

Joe

I've got Lutel's two handed saber. It's a decent piece, especially what I paid for it. I would suspect that based on a warhammer being simpler to build and the level of workmanship that I've seen in my Lutel piece that you will be pleased with that warhammer if you get your hands on it.

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I use to own the 17016 Warhammer. It was a beast of a weapon. It's been a couple of years. It weighed close to 8 lbs if I remember correctly. Looked great and seemed to be very solid but not something that I could actually use. Unfortunately I didn't get to bash anything with it before I sold it for something more managable.

I've also owned a 13004 Katzbalger and 10001 Rondel Dagger. They were nice pieces for their price especially when you considered that they automatically came with leather scabbards. They compair fairly well to Del Tins when you consider the price point, scabbards, handling, and finish.

Art Elwell has the largest selections of Lutel's. I can definately recommend him. I've bought a couple items from him in the past. Just e-mail him and he'll send you a list of what he has in stock. He also carries Del Tins and Cervenkas. www.by-the-sword.com also carries a few Lutel swords.
Joseph Minarick

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Many thanks for the prompt replies, I will post a review if and when I get my hands on one.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

By The Sword carries a few Lutels, which seem to have been made exclusively for them -
http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Lutel_Swords.html
Andy Bain

PostPosted: Sat 14 May, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Joseph. I happen to own one of those babies and am quite happy with it. I haven't whacked anything with the hammer but took the spike to a telephone book. It left quite an impression. After getting this warhammer, I bought a few more of the Lutel hafted weapons and have been pleased with each one. The only thing to remember is you have to ask for swords and axes to be sharpened. Lutel leaves them blunt by default.
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Sat 14 May, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've bought and sold a fair number of Lutel weapons, and I think I have a good grasp on the stuff they make. For the price and intended use, they are good value. Some swords have design features that make them look less authentic, while others are pretty nice. The construction is usually very sound for the price level, but features like balance and dynamics can be lacking. There is a utilitarian and rather machine-made look that lacks the elegance of e.g. the Albion Armorer's designs. Some of the hafted weapons (axes, flails, war hammers) are too heavy for practical use, being slow on the recovery. All in all, I think Lutel has some really nice items, and that they fill a niche between the Third world-made stuff and the more advanced products from (again as an example) Albion.
My sword site
Joseph Minarick

PostPosted: Wed 18 May, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I apologize for not being able to check in as often as I would like, thanks again for all of the great answers. I will be buying one as soon as I convince my "Houshold 6" of the need for it.

Joe

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > A question regarding Lutel
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic