Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Popular Opinion. Who do you think is the best sword makers? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 23 May, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

James, you don't seem confrontational to me at all, but only looking for info. For me, I don't know how to quantify those things. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I will say with certainty that it would be a major undertaking to do so.

Let me add that, like you, I would also like to see a maker create a sword that not only exhibits the dynamic and visual qualities of a historical sword but also the durability and other benefits of a modern steel and heat-treatment. For some, this isn't needed because they are often more concerned with one thing over the other. For others, it would be excellent to "have it all" in a product.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Mathew Morris

PostPosted: Tue 23 May, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: the show did go on.         Reply with quote

oh yes the show went on i finished my fight with both hands and my single hander....it hurt so bad. there was 13 hundred people there, so i wanted to finish strong for them as there knight!!

Jean everything you said about fighting i absolutely agree... weather its my work, Kick boxing, SCA, Kali or sword sparring.
its either a quick death (or hit) for the less skilled person. or alot of sizing each other up.. i know i get a little scarred some times when someone is equal or better then me..but i try. on the battle field we will avoid each other, because its fun to win not to die...and a long drawn out battle between 2 men ends in lose =)

most of the stuff we do is planned. still bloody dangerous.....we swing Bolas (mace and chains) with such power we bash in shields....imagine what would happen if the shield wasnt there! (happened once, Jon nearly died) but there are many actully subbed in competion between us out there...like getting kicked, punched....sand it the eye and all fun things like that....we all friends there though.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Popular Opinion. Who do you think is the best sword makers?
Page 4 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: