Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > MRL High Renaissance Sword & Phoenix Riding Sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
J. Erb

PostPosted: Wed 02 May, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: MRL High Renaissance Sword & Phoenix Riding Sword         Reply with quote

Just a quick random question: Does anyone have any personal experience with or informaiton on the MRL High Renaissance Sword, or Phoenix Metal Creation's Riding Sword? I've checked the official sites, but the pickings are slim. I'll be looking elsewhere, but in the meantime . . .

Thanks!

"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause, to use their own knowledge against them?"
David Wilson

PostPosted: Wed 02 May, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not that I have experience with the particular swords in question, but Erik Stevenson (Phoenix Metal Creations) is no longer in the sword business. Which is an incredible loss; Erik was a master of the sword-fitting craft. It would have been easy to say "go for the Phoenix; you can't go wrong!" But that is no longer an option.

You might want to check out Arms & Armor (www.arms-n-armor.com)....

David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 03 May, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

From the Phoenix Metal Creations website:

Quote:
Note: Due to some life changes, I will be reverting back to sword furbishing as a hobby. I will most likely be making pieces and marketing them post production once I reach the end of my current backlog rather than taking custom orders. I intend to fill the orders in my current back log although my delivery timeline will need to be adjusted to accommodate my going back to school.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Brian Kent

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Has MRL upped their quality control? I had heard some bad things about them since they quit using Del Tin blades years ago. Did they finally get their act together?
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian Kent wrote:
Has MRL upped their quality control? I had heard some bad things about them since they quit using Del Tin blades years ago. Did they finally get their act together?

Brian,
We have a number of reviews of MRL products on our reviews page (almost 20), including several fairly recent models. MRL products have also been discussed at great lengths on the forums. The forum Search button above should help you out.

My own experience is that they have improved. They're not as good as more expensive swords, but they are often a good buy for the money.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > MRL High Renaissance Sword & Phoenix Riding Sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic