Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Took the plunge and threw in my lot......figured that since the contest ends on my birthday that maybe the fates would smile upon me for the prizes :)

But seriously, Nathan.....you know how much this site has been a help to me in many ways and it's always great to give just a little back.......cheers & thanks to all who help to keep it going.

Bill
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Because after thousands of hours put into this project over 5 years and giving up some really neat collectibles, I deserve to go to dinner on you guys.

Absolutely. My comment was, perhaps, a bit out of line. I was certainly not intending to suggest a myriad of uses for some mythical "surplus" of funds. Rather, I was concerned with finding ways of keeping this site self-sustaining (arguably not my business, but as the entire community has a stake in keeping myArmoury going, I felt free to comment). And that should include you receiving some kind of return for your time. An annual or bi-annual fund raising contest seems like a good idea to me, but only if it doesn't require yet more sacrifice from you personally, Nathan. If you have to raffle off your collection to raise funds, it's just a new and creative way of bleeding you slowly.
Michael S. Rivet wrote:
Rather, I was concerned with finding ways of keeping this site self-sustaining (arguably not my business, but as the entire community has a stake in keeping myArmoury going, I felt free to comment).

Michael:
Well, if it helps, I interpreted your comments in the positive way, as you described above, as investing in " prizes " to help ultimately to raise more funds. Sometimes spending a dollar is worth it if it brings in more dollars than not spending the dollar.

I also agree that Nathan should only use parts of his collection as prizes out of choice and not necessity.
Oh, a bump, but not that it seems the thread is in desperate need of one. ;) :lol:

I do notice that in addition to the higher amount raised this year there seems to be a higher number of members contributing and that is encouraging as the costs are being distributed more widely than if just a smaller number of contributors had given larger amounts.

So an " un-official " thanks to everyone who contributed. :D

That " crazy " $3500 total I mentioned might just be very possible after all ! :cool:
What was the total we raised last year? I am sure we blew it out of the water this year.

Jonathan
Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
What was the total we raised last year? I am sure we blew it out of the water this year.

Jonathan

That might be in one of last year's post on the other Topic thread from last year, but I think it was around $2750 or a bit below that. ( could be wrong though ! )
This contest ends on September 3rd. This is a holiday here in the United States: Labor Day. This, combined with the four prize winners instead of just one, makes me suspect that it may take me an extra day or two to contact all the winners and get their acceptance of the prizes.

The winners will not be announced until I hear back from all four of them. This means that the announcement may be delayed until Tuesday or even Wednesday depending on the ease of this step.

Stay tuned!

Cheers
Well, I lied the last one wasn't my last donation: Couldn't resist getting things to a nice round number. ;)

Just $100 to get it to $3500: Now that's a round number. :lol:

So, BUMPED again.
Jean,

You know you want to donate $100 more!! :D :cool:

Just go for it!
Joe Fults wrote:
Jean,

You know you want to donate $100 more!! :D :cool:

Just go for it!

Well I do want to give others at least a 50% chance of winning one of the prizes. :p :lol: ( obviously exaggerating since my donation total is a lot less than 50% of the total donations ) !

Not nice putting THAT idea in my mind Joe. :p :cool:
Well figured this was the last bit needed to convince me to support this great site - loads of great info here so figured an upgraded account would be nice to have - either way, i cant loose - either ill still have a great site to visit or ill have a great site to visit and some nifty swag!

if i wasn't working on my own site, ied likely have gotten an premiere account to host my gear pic´s
Same here...
I also finally took the plunge and got an upgraded account. I've actually been coming here for years, but off and on as the sword bug bit (like some tropical disease that never goes away, but waxes and wanes I guess ;-)).

Thanks for providing such a rich site and community.
Alexander and D.,
It really warms the heart to see longtime readers register and contribute to this site before their first post. Thanks! We've always known that a lot more people more read and visit the site than actively participate in the forums. It's nice to know that people of all levels/types of usage find this site valuable and feel it is important to keep it going.

Thanks again. :)
hehe, not a problem Chad - been using this place a lot, so migth as well help out a bit, and besides, now i got a chance to make an album here (figured that was a good way to spend some time at work with, while waiting for a compiler to finish up)

its really nice too see that this site has such a dedicated community!
Looks like I bumped the wrong thread earlier (had about 6 of them open at once), but I ticked it over the $3500 mark. :)

It wasn't so crazy after all!
Ed Toton wrote:
Looks like I bumped the wrong thread earlier (had about 6 of them open at once), but I ticked it over the $3500 mark. :)

Well, I sort of thought it was fun to get the two Topic threads bumped at the same time. ;) :lol:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Ed Toton wrote:

Well, I sort of thought it was fun to get the two Topic threads bumped at the same time. ;) :lol:

It certainly draws attention! :)
Ed Toton wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Ed Toton wrote:

It certainly draws attention! :)

One last bump from me as a last reminder if some want to be included in the contest and have a chance at the prizes. ;)

We certainly surpassed expectations by more than 50% this year and an " un-official thanks " to everyone from me and the number of contributers as well as the amount raised is more than last year. :cool:
Hey everybody! The entry period for the contest is over. I'll let the system pick the winners tomorrow mid-day my time (PST) and then I'll contact them privately. Once I hear back from them all and work out the details I'll announce the winners!

Thanks to everybody for participating. Good luck to all. I promise now that those of you who do not win this one will still be paid back for your generosity with a future surprise.

Cheers to you all.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: