Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Michael Edelson wrote:
I got another one of these:

[ Linked Image ]

And I want one more, if anyone is selling.

Now that is a handsome sword. That's your second and you want a third? Methinks I oughta order one of my own if Albion ever has another sale in the near future before all the Brescias are snapped up. :D
Albion Oakeshott with red grip bought in the classifieds here from Mr. McHugh. I have been wanting to get either an Albion Oakeshott or Chevalier for awhile and there it was in the classifieds. Couldn't pass it up as Eric is the best to deal with!

This Xa sword is far more lively than I would have thought looking head on at pictures of it. Between the thin section and the hollowgrind, it is a very light and lively sword for its profile and length. To me, this is just a classic 12th c knightly sword for use on horse or foot. Plenty of room for a second hand on upper part of the grip and pommel too. I have had this out of the box for one hour and am already really loving it. tr
Thom I have handled an Oakeshott twice and as I said to Harlan at Albion, it made my Knight feel like a brick by comparism, and saying that, the Knight is an excellent and lively sword.

An Oakeshott or Chevalier is third on my list of Albions to get so it is probably at least a couple of years away (if at all).

I am torn on deciding between the looks of the Chevalier or the ergonomics of the Oakeshott's pommel.
T Lui wrote:
Michael Edelson wrote:
I got another one of these:

[ Linked Image ]

And I want one more, if anyone is selling.

Now that is a handsome sword. That's your second and you want a third? Methinks I oughta order one of my own if Albion ever has another sale in the near future before all the Brescias are snapped up. :D

The idea that they will one day stop making this amazing sword fills me with dread.
Stephen A. Fisher wrote:
My latest. A fine early 20th century epee 'dueling sword'

It isn't a recent purchase, so I won't show it here, but I have an old Italian grip epee. Any chance you could help me date it?
A. Spanjer wrote:
Interesting tip. Would there have been something over it? It looks almost like the end on a modern foil, only without the rubber tip.

Yes. One would have either had the choice of attaching a tip made of leather or rubber, or one could have chosen to use a point d'arret "stop point."
http://www.rockwellclassicalfencing.com/point-d39arr39.html
my windlass Sword of Cortenuova last week been too busy cutting up water bottles to post it up :D
Overall Length: 38 1/8'' Blade: 31 7/8''
Weight: 3 lb dead on
P.O.B.: 4-1/4"
Grip Length: 3 15/16''

Attachment: 216.14 KB
[ Download ]
I recently acquired a Albion Brescia Spadona, and immediately determined upon arrival it was my new favorite sword. So I decided to take some pictures along with my second favorite sword, the Albion Munich.

Enjoy!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Brian K. wrote:
I recently acquired a Albion Brescia Spadona, and immediately determined upon arrival it was my new favorite sword. So I decided to take some pictures along with my second favorite sword, the Albion Munich.

Brian-

Those two are way up there on my list, too. I want both... very badly.
Thank's Nathan.

The Brescia Spadona is one of those rare sword's that you can believe everything you read about it. It is an incredible sword that is a pleasure to hold.
Its funny how that works because I really did not like the Bresica when I played with it. Munich was fine but ultimately I sold mine. Regent, Earl, Landgaf the same. All great but all left the collection for some little reaon of another. I actually find that I'm liking the simplicity of the Ringeck I have which in turn is leading me to look more and more at the Fiore without the waisted grip (I really LOVE the look of waisted grips but I'm finding that they sometimes annoy me with their size).

Funny thing how preference goes because I really thought I'd like the Bresica until I got to play with it. Even funnier thing I suppose, is tht the way things go, if I played with it now I'd probably like it! :eek:

Goes to show how individual this hobby really can be. :cool:
Brian K. wrote:

Enjoy!

Absolutely gorgeous. I really like those swords as well. I haven't had as much opportunity to handle the Brescia Spadona, so my memory's less reliable on that one. But I know I love the feel of the Munich. I'd love to get one of those eventually. :)
Last Sword Hmmmmmm
The last sword I buy will be the one my wife kills me with since she is not understanding of my affliction for these things which is why I have to limit my expenditures to the more cheaply made variety. That being said the last sword I did buy was a Lakonian from Scorpion Archery and Bow. This a rather beefy affair which weighs 2 lbs 15 oz for 19.75 inches length of steel. It is more like a heavy thrusting ax if that makes sense for it is thick about 3/8 of an inch to hazard a guess. Built for punching through bronze armor which it appears thoroughly capable.

Attachment: 201.91 KB
Spartan 001.jpg

Last edited by Harry J. Fletcher on Thu 11 Mar, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hanwei Mortuary Hilt. I got the next to last one left since it is now discontinued.
My collection.
*Durer style, (Oakeshott Type XVIII, pommel J1, cross 12)
[ Linked Image ]

*from Paczkow, Uppersilesia, 13th century (XII, E, 6)
[ Linked Image ]

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4548/zw1m.jpg

*Sabre from Masovia Museum in Plock
[ Linked Image ]

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7802/21421554.jpg
Man, that Munich is a thing of beauty! Dang, now I'm gonna have to start saving up again. :)

The last sword I purchased was one of those Hanwei-Tinker-Pearce Longsword. Unfortuantely I got one of the earlier production runs that had a bit of a dull edge, but hey, nothing a lil' bit of sharpening can't fix. Other than that, it's great. Tough blade, light and fast, nice satin finish on it...
My, a package from Scotland for me on St Pats! Now that is auspicious timing!

Armour Class Diamond Hilt with both sharp and rebated blades. I am impressed with the craftsmanship on this basket! Nice fluted bars, welds are nigh invisible, nicely done sharkskin and wire grip, lovely. I ordered the satin finish and it looks just right to me, not too polished, not to rough. I asked for interchangeable sharp and re-enactment blades and so Iain made a nut for me that is just like the kind of tang button you would see on a 19th c blade. Definitely worth the wait!
Hi Thom-

That basket does look nice. I've always liked the look of their baskets.

Thom R. wrote:
Definitely worth the wait!

How long did it take?
Thanks Nathan! I have always really liked this particular Walter Allen design. It is a basket design that I find both highly functional at protecting the hand and stylish at the same time. The basket is the right size and based on measurements of the original. When I contacted Armour Class last year the wait was 24-26 weeks, but in the end I think it took 20 so for the first time in awhile I had a swordmaker under promise and over deliver! :) . I paid half up front and when the sword was very close to being finished they asked me for the balance. Although the 8-9 hour time difference makes it a bit tricky to chat on the phone communication via email was great and always timely. I am very happy with this one. TR
Very nice sword, Thom! Can you tell me what the weight is (with the sharp blade), and how it handles? Thanks!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Page 39 of 75

Jump to: