Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > I found this extremely interesting and cool Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
J. Padgett

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: I found this extremely interesting and cool         Reply with quote

As I was browsing the net of as I am somtimes wont to do I came across the following page that had some photographs that might be of interest to the rest of you. Of course some of you may have seen them before, and maybe I'm just out of the loop.

http://www.arms-armor.cz/index.php?src=gallery

I'm not endorsing these guys, or trying to pimp them out to you, but I thought the page was pretty cool. Cool
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yeah, these are definitely very cool photo shoots. Some of them are quite accurate down to the minute details.. others take liberties, of course, but they each show a degree of understanding for the periods portrayed as well as a passion for each and every piece, from the clothing to the accessories to the weapons. I'd like to see more.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Ciaran Flanagan

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Having talked with these guys on one or 2 occasions both by phone and e-mail I can say they ar every pleasent and dedicated people. They seem to have a passion for what they do.

ciaran

Ciaran

A wise man is someone who has travelled to heaven and hell and knows the difference.
Eugene George

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Yeah, these are definitely very cool photo shoots. Some of them are quite accurate down to the minute details.. others take liberties, of course, but they each show a degree of understanding for the periods portrayed as well as a passion for each and every piece, from the clothing to the accessories to the weapons. I'd like to see more.

Yeah, the Dwarf is especially egregious. Everyone knows Dwarves favored single-bit axes and that dwarven double-bit axes are much rarer than originally supposed. Also note the presence in the photo of the very rare dwarven helmet adjusting mallet, a tool that has accounted for more dwarven fatalities than orcs and goblins combined.

Britanniam Video!
Galliam Video!
Subligacula Aliquae Video! - Author Unknown
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jan, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I particularly like the rubber chicken in the archer and crossbowman kit! Laughing Out Loud
"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > I found this extremely interesting and cool
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic