Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > need help finding info on a sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jennifer l. McCormick

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jan, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: need help finding info on a sword         Reply with quote

I have a sword that was given to me and my husband that i can't find any info on. The grip of it is covered in black wire, everything from the pommel to the ginial is made of brass i believe. I don't have a tape measure to measure the blade but it is pretty long. i am 5'2'' and the sword comes to my waist. and on the blade it is stamped LAMBERTT BROWN & CO DAME St ( the t in st is over quotation marks) DUBLIN.. any help would be greatly appricated since i don't know anything about doing research on swords, just guns.. Thanks alot
Jennifer
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jan, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Do you have a digital camera? Pictures might be helpful. I personally don't yet have enough experience with swords to be able to say much off the top of my head if I saw it but I know of a few other people on this site that may be able to do so.

I did a search on google and found that there is a theater located on Dame St. in Dublin.
http://www.dublintourist.com/details/olympia_theatre.shtml

It is possible that the sword was used in a production at this theater and that Lambert Brown and CO is the group of professional actors who performed it.

That is my guess though I could be completely wrong... Alex

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Thu 16 Mar, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you could post a photo, that would be very helpful. I would recommend www.oldswords.com . They have lots of photos against which you could compare your sword. They also have a search function for sword makers. "LAMBERTT BROWN & CO DAME St DUBLIN" sounds more like a maker's name to me. Other sword forums have topics that are more antique oriented than most on this forum (based on my limited experience on this forum). The site I have in mind has more antique and military swords experts (again, based on my experiences).

Jonathan

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > need help finding info on a sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic