Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > AT1566 and others Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next 
Chris Boatcallie

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Can you post a picture and description of each configuration (ie. pommels) you are going to include in the sale. I think I am more inclined to buy the 1403, but would like to see the others. I am definately more inclined toward an umbrella or any pommel that is not a wheel design personally. I want something different than the swords I already have. I went to both websites, but did not see some of the models listed. Maybe I am blind.

Last edited by Chris Boatcallie on Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Jason Elrod wrote:
Hey Gus. Given your multiple websites, which one will have the official sale listed on it?

Hi Jason

Its going to happen, but the windstorm and other things have kind of distracted things a bit. Some minor organizing yet, maybe start this weekend or Monday? I'll inform things like minor details here.......

Websites should go down to one, and that one should be "active' early next year. Part of getting this business reorganized......

So what is the process to currently make an official purchase and send you a deposit if needed ?
I did P.M. for you to contact me with purchasing / paying information when you are set to go with this sale.

But maybe you would prefer that the purchase be initiated from the customer's end ? E-mail in the order ?

And the small matter of getting the funds to you ? Paypal would be best for me or a secure way to send creditcard information.

Should one go through one of your web sites ? In other words: Are they still the active for taking orders ?

Sorry if I sound confused because I am ! And not sure how to get things in motion. Wink Big Grin Cool

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Angus Trim wrote:
Jason Elrod wrote:
Hey Gus. Given your multiple websites, which one will have the official sale listed on it?

Hi Jason

Its going to happen, but the windstorm and other things have kind of distracted things a bit. Some minor organizing yet, maybe start this weekend or Monday? I'll inform things like minor details here.......

Websites should go down to one, and that one should be "active' early next year. Part of getting this business reorganized......

So what is the process to currently make an official purchase and send you a deposit if needed ?
I did P.M. for you to contact me with purchasing / paying information when you are set to go with this sale.

But maybe you would prefer that the purchase be initiated from the customer's end ? E-mail in the order ?

And the small matter of getting the funds to you ? Paypal would be best for me or a secure way to send creditcard information.

Should one go through one of your web sites ? In other words: Are they still the active for taking orders ?

Sorry if I sound confused because I am ! And not sure how to get things in motion. Wink Big Grin Cool

Hi Jean

Please hold on one day......... I'm not quite ready. I saw your PM, but since i wasn't quite ready, didn't know how to respond. I will know tonite.......

The DSL is flakey right now, I've been dropped already once this morning........

swords are fun
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Hi Jean

Please hold on one day......... I'm not quite ready. I saw your PM, but since i wasn't quite ready, didn't know how to respond. I will know tonite.......

The DSL is flakey right now, I've been dropped already once this morning........

Very much O.K. I read about the storm on the other Topic and was just about to " edit " my message to say that what I was concerned about was uncertainty about the process and not impatience about any delay. Wink Big Grin

Oh, and very sorry if I did get antsy about the whole thing. Cool

Till Kuendiger

PostPosted: Fri 19 Oct, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gus,

If your still open to model suggestions for your sale, I would be very interested in either of the following: the AT1435 or the AT LPM 1445.

I think I would prefer a scent stopper pommel over a disk/wheel.

Thanks,

Till
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Till Kuendiger wrote:
Gus,

If your still open to model suggestions for your sale, I would be very interested in either of the following: the AT1435 or the AT LPM 1445.

I think I would prefer a scent stopper pommel over a disk/wheel.

Thanks,

Till

Both of those are fine swords, but I'm going to have to decline. A couple of minor parts of this is that I don't want to have this sale ripple too much and make a large impact on either the used market or the new market. These two have the potential to cause a bit more ripple than I intend........

Good thoughts though, maybe have a warsword sale next year.......

swords are fun
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wound up with a heavier work schedule and shorter day today than expected, so I still have some organizing to do.

However, it has broken down to:

1. AT1520
2. AT1566
3. DN1506

{the above $400 ea}

4. AT1403

{the above $430}

5. AT1557
6. AT1404 {fullers to remain black}

{the above for $300}

7. AT1502

There's more than I wanted to do initially, but I had more response than expected.....I certainly didn't expect any suggestions to do something like the 1404. Unless I really lose all reason next year or later, there'll never be another AT wide body cutter this cheap again..........I'm also considering doing one of these with the "peened construction", but it'll likely be on the side of the "sale".........

Right now, it looks like Tinker leather scabbards will be available with them.......

swords are fun
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gus.

How many of those models are you going to make for the sale and how long will the sale last?
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 20 Oct, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Gus,
I might have missed this, but are these swords you have in stock, or will there be a waiting period?

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Hi Gus,
I might have missed this, but are these swords you have in stock, or will there be a waiting period?

Hi Bill

It was on the first page of the thread, yeah, there'll be a waiting period.

swords are fun
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As I get older, memory seems to fade.........but there's a review here on myArmoury of the DD1404/ AT1404 Type XIV cutting sword.......

http://www.myArmoury.com/review_at_moon.html

As an alert to people that may think that this was an attempt to copy an antique, let me assure you that this AT model was inspired by the Oakeshott owned Moonbrand, its not a copy.........

Yes, I had good photos of it, and have the specs of the original, but decided to make an "inspiration" rather than a copy......

The sword still rocks........

swords are fun
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Since this has gone beyond an "announcement" and question phase, to doing it, I'm detailing things here:

http://tinkerswords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119

Nathan would probably let me do things here, if I asked him, but I'd rather not take advantage of things........

swords are fun
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Nathan would probably let me do things here, if I asked him, but I'd rather not take advantage of things........

Gus,
I'm not Nathan, but... This is absolutely the purpose of the Makers and Manufacturers Talk Forum. We encourage these kind of announcements (as I've said to you in another thread).

This subforum is for announcements by craftsmen and retailers (see all the other threads in here of that nature, after all Happy ), so please post the details rather than making readers click to go elsewhere. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 21 Oct, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well I'm happy to say that Gus sent me all the info I needed to make the purchase official and as well as looking forward to getting the sword I'm also glad it's helping to pay off the machinery. Wink Big Grin
Thomas Watt

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Since this has gone beyond an "announcement" and question phase, to doing it, I'm detailing things here:

http://tinkerswords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119

I'm still struggling to figure out what these look like.
Digging through your websites, I've managed to locate images and information for the 1403, 1404, 1502 and 1506, but have no idea what the others are. Can anyone suggest something?
I'd like to be able to sort through and place an order...
Sorry to be such trouble, but would like to know what's available before I get settled on something.
Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Have 11 swords, 2 dirks, half a dozen tomahawks and 2 Jeeps - seem to be a magnet for more of all.
Michael Barna

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Digging through your websites, I've managed to locate images and information for the 1403, 1404, 1502 and 1506, but have no idea what the others are. Can anyone suggest something?
Sorry to be such trouble, but would like to know what's available before I get settled on something.

I have the exact same question. Particularly interesting is what Gus refers to as "a wide body cutter" above, is that the 1404 single hand sword?

What on the list would be considered the "best" or "most forgiving" cutter in the longsword category? I love the way the 1506 looks but if the 1566 is a more efficient cutter then I would go that way.

Kindest regards,

Mike

Rest assured...I did indeed use the SEARCH function!
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Angus Trim wrote:

Gus,
I'm not Nathan, but... This is absolutely the purpose of the Makers and Manufacturers Talk Forum. We encourage these kind of announcements (as I've said to you in another thread).

This subforum is for announcements by craftsmen and retailers (see all the other threads in here of that nature, after all Happy ), so please post the details rather than making readers click to go elsewhere. Happy

Thanks Chad

swords are fun
David Martin

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Well I'm happy to say that Gus sent me all the info I needed to make the purchase official and as well as looking forward to getting the sword I'm also glad it's helping to pay off the machinery. Wink Big Grin

Same here. I'm in for an AT1566 and I'm very excited at receiving such a fine sword at these prices.

"When war-gods meet to match their might,
who can tell the bravest born?
Many a hero never made a hole
in another man's breast."

- Sigurd, The Lay of Fafnir
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Barna wrote:
Quote:

I have the exact same question. Particularly interesting is what Gus refers to as "a wide body cutter" above, is that the 1404 single hand sword?

What on the list would be considered the "best" or "most forgiving" cutter in the longsword category? I love the way the 1506 looks but if the 1566 is a more efficient cutter then I would go that way.

Kindest regards,

Mike

The most forgiving cutter would be the 1566.......... though frankly, the 1506 isn't bad. Since the Swede "grew up" and went to a 9 inch handle, I've tried to hang onto a shop sword a couple times. Never works, someone comes along and can't live with out it.........I know a few owners of 1520s would mention those too........ but really, the 1566, then the 1506......

I'll see what I can do about better photos, but the best I had from the past are in a computer with a dead power supply, part of the damage of the shop flood back at the end of March, beginning of April........

swords are fun
Michael Barna

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Michael Barna wrote:
Quote:

Kindest regards,

Mike

The most forgiving cutter would be the 1566.......... though frankly, the 1506 isn't bad. Since the Swede "grew up" and went to a 9 inch handle, I've tried to hang onto a shop sword a couple times. Never works, someone comes along and can't live with out it.........I know a few owners of 1520s would mention those too........ but really, the 1566, then the 1506......

I'll see what I can do about better photos, but the best I had from the past are in a computer with a dead power supply, part of the damage of the shop flood back at the end of March, beginning of April........

Good answer and many thanks.

Just to push the issue Big Grin what do you consider to be the most efficient cutter in the single handed category? Does it necessarially follow that one must go wide and heavy to get a sweet cutter? I tend to prefer a 2 - 2.5 lb sword with the POB less than 4 inches away from the guard but am willing to follow your advice to get the best performing cutter.

Kind regards,

Mike

Rest assured...I did indeed use the SEARCH function!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > AT1566 and others
Page 3 of 6 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: